Friday, November 11, 2011

Oh Homophobia...

             Homophobia is one of those things I just can't understand, no matter how hard I try. Ill attempt to get in the mindset of a right-wing religious homophobe but somehow I just cant. There are other partisan issues that I disagree with but I can understand if I try really hard.
           
              For example, if someone believes in their heart that life begins and conception and that abortion is murder, I get it. I don't agree or think its right, but it makes sense to protect what they see as a life. (Lets be clear; I do not think that is the motivator for most Prolifers but Ill get to that another time)

             But why oh WHY are people against the idea of someone somewhere living happily in love with someone of the same sex?
 That is why I love this picture so much.

What else can you say to someone who is basing their argument on...wait what is homophobia based on? Religion ? How do you base an argument on something that is, by definition, not logical? Or is it based on protecting the heteronormative patriarchy? Cause then its just straight up oppression.

No comments:

Post a Comment